1.0: Introduction & how the course works
Hello and welcome
I'm so happy to have you here on this voyage of discovery into the world of digital marketing. By the end of the course, you should have a good overview of all key aspects of DM, how it works and fits together, and the confidence to try new things. By starting with the 'big picture' and then drilling down to specifics, you'll:
- Stop wasting time on things that don't work
- Reach the people you want to sell to and connect with
- Understand exactly why you are doing the things you are doing
- Be able to measure and evaluate your progress
- Have a marketing plan in place to take your business wherever you want to take it.
So let's get started!
Here are a few housekeeping points about the course:
- Modules released on a drip feed system: A new module will be released every week from the time you start.
- Assignments: I've put some homework assignments in place. It's entirely optional how much work you do. However if you would like to do them and send them to me, I'm happy to take a look and give you some feedback or words of encouragement.
- Marketing Plan: I've suggested a bigger assignment where you create a marketing plan for yourself. I've given guidance throughout on what kind of things should go in it. Even if you don't do any of the other assignments, I'd urge you to do this one. It also forms a good basis for our 1-2-1 session (see below).
- Timing to complete: You can work at your own pace and you can email me your assignments if you would like me to take a look at them.
- Access to the materials forever: You have access to the materials for as long as the course runs (which will hopefully be a long time). If the course changes or upgrades, you will be able to access any new materials.
- What if the course stops running? If the course ceases to run, you will be given adequate notice to make sure you have downloaded everything.
- Booking your 1-2-1 session: As part of this course, you can have a 1 hour (or maybe a bit longer) 1-2-1 session via Zoom where we can talk about your marketing in more detail. So when you feel ready to book your 1-2-1 Zoom session, drop me an email and I'll send you my calendar link so we can book you in. Some people like to do it at the beginning, others prefer at the end. The choice is yours.
I think that's it. You can contact me any time at: [email protected], and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.